Early Start Denver Model
The Early Start Denver Model (ESDM) is an evidence-based intervention specifically developed for very young children with autism. ESDM is a play-based intervention that fuses behavioral and developmental principles into an integrated approach.
- Naturalistic applied behavioral analytic strategies
- Sensitive to normal developmental sequence
- Deep parental involvement
- Focus on interpersonal exchange and positive affect
- Shared engagement with joint activities
- Language and communication taught inside a positive, affect-based relationship